top of page
BCHAL Opening Day-212.jpg


Bedford Citizens Housing Association (BCHA)  has been providing housing, care and support for older people in Bedford for over 60 years. BCHA supports people staying independent in their own homes by supporting people to employee a Personal Assistant.

Employing a Personal Assistant

This service is for people who want to employ a carer rather than use a care agency:


We can help you draft an advert, receive applications on your behalf and assist you to interview potential Personal Assistants.


We can provide employment contracts, payroll services, managing sick pay, holidays and other leave.


We can support with employment queries if you if you have concerns about a Personal Assitant.

Payroll Services

If you already employ your own carer or personal assistant you may be interested in our payroll


We can manage your payments to your employee(s) and calculate and process all the necessary deductions for tax and national insurance, as well as statutory payments for pension, holiday pay or sick pay etc.


Our service includes providing payslips to your employee(s) and completion of the statutory returns to  MRC pay.

Payroll Services with Holding Accounts

This provides all the services listed under Payroll Services.
Support managing the finances for your care package by use of a holding account for you.

We would receive the payments from yourself and/or Bedford Borough Council  and make all payments for services on your behalf as agreed by you.

For example, if you use your budget to employ a gardener, we can manage the payments for you.

Want to know more?

Call us today on 01234 321400 or click on any of the links below to find out more.

bottom of page